Friday, March 31, 2017

Tess update

Tess, Treasure and I drove to Westport yesterday to see our favorite vet.  I was hysterical, the dogs thought it was a nice day for a drive.  Tess was sedated and David looked at her larynx (no sign of paralysis or any growths) and x-rayed her lungs (which were "hard" but just old dog lungs).  He says she doesn't have what we thought she did, instead he's guessing she might have a fungal infection called blastomycosis.  Oh swell.  Could my dog have a simple limp?  Oh no, we have to go for an infection that costs $200 worth of urinalysis to diagnose.  I was terribly relieved and cried a lot.  Today I'm trying to collect $200 worth of urine from a most uncooperative dog.  I collected 1/2 a teaspoon this morning, called Westport to see if it was enough and they said no, they need about 2 tablespoons.  Yikes, see you next week, folks.  I'll keep trying but man is Tess not helpful.  I had hoped to get the sample to them today to hasten diagnosis.  oh well.

Meanwhile I went to the gym every morning with Carol--we had a lot of catching up to do.  Walking on a treadmill is different from walking on the streets of Washington.  No sore knees, no shin splints.  I have lost a total of 14 pounds but seem to be stuck.  Gee, I wonder if the raspberry jam from Marylou has anything to do with that?  Man oh man is that stuff delicious! 

Tomorrow I'm due t meet Julie in Keene for coffee.  If we believe the weather predictors we won't be able to drive there but I'm optimistic.  Apparently we're getting maybe 3 inches of snow or maybe 10 inches of snow.  or maybe rain.  but no, snow.  It's snowing right now but it's not the big flakes I expected.  Temp is 35 so that doesn't make sense.

I still don't have water in my house.  No news on that front, nor do I expect any change in that for a few weeks probably.  We still have about a foot of snow on the ground.  OK, so maybe it won't be a few weeks, but a couple at least.  I'm going to RI for Easter--should I just go there now, where water comes out of the faucets?  No, I like being at home.


No comments:

Post a Comment