Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Rain melts snow

It's raining HARD and plenty.  We've lost a lot of snow and I can see daffodils brave and hardy in parts of my yard.  Oh boy!  Looks like a good year for blooms.

I'm home from the trip to Potsdam/Canton for an archives-relevant workshop/training session.  It was good but a long day.  We left my house at 7:30 or so, had an easy and uneventful trip going and coming.  It rained all the way home but that was nice, rinsed off my car.  How was the workshop?  It was good but a tad detail-oriented with a lot of attention paid to policies and mission statements.  Someone else took care of those long before I showed up in Keene Valley so I'm lucky.

I got to see my friend at the Network and say farewell to him--he's retiring at the end of this week.  Boy do I like having people I know retire, it's such a gift.

The dogs were (apparently) well-behaved while I was gone, but then I put chairs on the couch to keep them off.  They were happy to have me home, happier to have me feed them.  Now they're dozing.  Me too.

Today would be my brother's 69th birthday.  I can't picture him as a 69-year-old, but I can't picture myself as a 65-year-old, either.  He was a special person.  I miss him, think of him pretty much every day.  A sibling is a special and wonderful treasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment