Sunday, April 29, 2018

Snow sucks mud

It's been snowing all afternoon, we have 3-4 inches of heavy stuff right now and they're (of "they") predicting 6" by morning.  Totally unnecessary.  We had rain this morning but then it turned to snow here in Hawkeye.  I went to the laundromat at 7:30 this morning, thinking I'd have the place to myself but noooo, who knew that's when other people do their laundry?  Anyway I did a big wash then came home to snow falling and falling and falling.  There go my crocuses (I have 5) and buried are the daffodils.

The dogs are not doing well--they got into something edible the other night and ate too much of it.  Treasure looks as if she swallowed a balloon.  Bear is better, he was all swoled up yesterday but now seems as normal as he knows how to be.  Treasure is not better and it's scary.  I think I'll call the vet in the morning, of course I'm convinced she has a blockage and will be dead soon.  I haven't let them out loose all day, they are cabled every time they go out so at least they're not getting more of whatever it was they ate.

It looks like an easy week for me--my calendar is almost empty!  Just waiting to be filled with vet visits I'm sure.  Meanwhile I'm going to the gym in the morning with 2 friends, then will hit the dump unless I have to drive to Westport to the vet.  Tuesday is work, Wednesday is thrift store, Thursday is work.  That's it!  I was at the thrift store on Saturday and man oh man was it busy.  Lots of shoppers and droppers, plenty of donations coming in and plenty of shoppers buying treasures.


No comments:

Post a Comment