Saturday, March 16, 2019

HOME!

I'm home again home again.  I had a good trip to Rhode Island, went there last Friday and got home Thursday.  I was not pleased that there was SNOW on the ground when I got there, about 4 inches or so.  It melted a lot while I was there but there was still some.  I went there for my mother's 93rd birthday, which was Wednesday.  We spent a lot of time visiting before her birthday so that was good.  The birthday day was busy, lots of phone calls and some visitors.  We used to go out for dinner on birthdays but it's harder for her and not as much fun these days so instead Mark cooked a delicious dinner--scallops cooked to perfection.  My mother actually let me do some of the cooking while I was there, I cooked our seafood night of lobsters, clams and mussels.  Local seafood is delicious in the winter, we're convinced it's because the water is colder.  I cooked a couple of other times and that was nice.  I spent some time alone, went to town a couple of times and did some shopping.  Mark and I went to the beach with the dogs and to the bark one day.  There was a cold wind but the sun was warm so it wasn't bad.  Big surf at the beach, it was really loud.

My travels were fine, easy trip down there and easy trip coming home.  Not much traffic and clear roads.  I have 350 songs on a thumb drive that I listen to in the car--it's a 6 hour trip to RI and I don't make it through the entire list during the trip so that's entertaining.  I only got to the L's on the way down  (songs play in alphabetical order) and almost finished up on the way home.

My house was just fine while I was away--my friend checked on it and brought in my mail.  We had warm weather in my absence and since I got home but now it's cooler, temp is 35 and highs are only supposed to be in the 30's for the next couple of days, then back to the 40's with some thawing.  Almost enough to convince me that spring will come.  I'm not as sick of winter this year, probably because I've been to RI twice, once in January and just now.  That's a nice break for me.

The dogs are happy to be home--they celebrated by disappearing for an hour as soon as I let them out of the car yesterday.  Ratpigs.  Note to self:  NEVER let them both out at the same time.  A lesson I'm sure slow to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment