Tuesday, March 26, 2019

And later on...

Well it's not that I was too busy to keep up, I just was doing other things.  I had to clean my house for book group and we all know that's a BIG project.  I have a new vacuum cleaner, cordless Dyson and it's absolutely magic.  I love love love it.  It sucks, truly sucks dog hair.  And it's so portable!  I even vacuumed the bedroom, which made my friend Lin laugh and laugh.  She knows me perhaps too well.

The weather has not been representative of spring, barely early spring at that.  The sun is high in the sky and very warm but temps remain low.  Right now it's 13 and dark, but then it's not yet 5:30 in the morning.  I slept well and for a long time--straight through the night!--so got up at 4 and have been entertaining myself.  I'll head to the Archives this morning, probably to scan photos and laugh a lot.  I still have to figure out how to get the scanned images online, I was successful at doing that for some images but sort of dropped out of that project.  oops.

I had a good week, nothing out of the ordinary but was feeling pretty good.  I did drag myself to Plattsburgh twice, one too many trips but such is life.  I worked at the thrift store on Wednesday but skipped Saturday.  We were expecting a big storm with more than a foot of snow but ended up with a mere six inches.  I was up early when it snowed hard and fast with big rapidly-accumulating flakes.  We got 4 inches but then it slowed way down and the flakes got smaller.  I didn't think I'd have my driveway plowed for a mere 6 inches but I was wrong about that.  Just put it on my tab please.  Boy will my plow bill be high this year!  He never gets around to sending out bills until May, I'm hoping this year will be no exception.

Friends are coming this week for their annual FreezeFest visit at their camp.  These men remind me of my late brother, their lifelong friendship is so funny and sweet.  I'll spend evenings with them but they're here to hike and have good outdoor time.  Lots of luck, boys, it's supposed to rain later this week.  Oh dear.  Highs have only been in the 20's and 30's but of course while they're here hoping for cold miserable weather it's predicted to be in the 40's and maybe even 50.  Sorry about that but man oh man am I looking forward to those temps!   We still have so very very much snow.

Life continues to be really grand.  I'm a lucky girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment