Wednesday, August 07, 2019

Change of plans

Oh I love having other people made decisions for me (not).  My trip to RI has been postponed until Labor Day weekend.  I was set to go this weekend, whatever scheduling I had to do was done but Mark's plans changed so--mine change too.  Oh well.  I'll have dinner with friends tomorrow night, stay away from camp mostly for the next week or so while my ex-husband and his friends are occupying it.  I can still use the boat house but why would I want to?  I do need to get down there and do some cleaning.  Many empty wine bottles...

I've been busy, busy enough without being overwhelmed.  Visits with friends, a shoreowners' assoc. meeting and social hour that was quite nice.  Work.  Dump runs.  Walking every morning, which has really pleased Bear.  My friend's Gordon setter Milo is here for a few weeks and Bear just ADORES Milo.  Milo does not feel the same way about Bear but he is tolerant.

I took my car to the dealer to have brake work done while it's still under warranty but that was a waste of time and a fruitless expedition.  Brakes not bad enough yet.  Drat.  I went back to the dealer another day, gave a friend a ride home after she dropped off her car.  Long live the Subies!  It's a popular car.

It's supposed to rain hard today but so far all we've seen is a light sprinkle.  I'm tired of watering my deck plans so they're looking quite ratty and are very thirsty.  I haven't mowed my lawn and it looks bad, very bad.  I vacuumed some of the living room and kitchen this afternoon but then of course the battery died so now I wait.  I could do boat house dishes while I wait.  or I could do a crossword puzzle while watching music videos.  Yes, I think I'll do that for a while at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment