Sunday, August 11, 2019

Rain. Sun. Clouds.

We've had some great rains, my deck plants are well watered now.  Yesterday was cold--OK,not COLD but chilly.  I was with friends for coffee in the morning, came home chilled so built a fire.  I'd say it was the first of the season but the season hasn't started yet.

I've been walking every morning still--Bear now expects to see the bog at 7 each morning, he sits by the door waiting.  Today I went to the farmers market that's on Sunday mornings--went with friends and bought not too much stuff but enough.  I bought some sheeps milk yogurt to try it out.  Boy I'm strange.

Dinner with friends tonight, a quiet day tomorrow with maybe a dump run.  Dinner with friends Tuesday night then a whole lot of empty squares on my calendar.  Whew!

I've been reading the book group book, The book woman of Troublesome Creek, which is more than slightly depressing but also sort of interesting.  It's about Kentucky in the 1930's, full of poor people and about some blue-skinned people, one of whom is a library person who rides her mule around delivering books and magazines to people in the hills.  Do I want to be reminded of bookmobile-style service?   Not a bit.  I looked up the blue-skinned people and they really did exist.  So did the mule-riding library service providers.  I'm halfway through the book and not terribly interested in finishing it because I know, just KNOW that bad things are going to happen.  I just checked with a friend who's read it, though and she told me the mule does not die so at least I can stop worrying about that.

The dogs are fine, they sure do like their morning walks.  They eat dropped apples along the road.  There's one tree that's loaded with apples but they're still small and very tart.  My apple trees aren't offering much fruit this year.

Life is good, as always.

No comments:

Post a Comment