Friday, August 16, 2019

Oh it's busy all right

August is busier than July was, both for me and for the Adks in general.  Traffic is way different, so many more cars!

I've been having good times visiting with friends, walking every morning with the dogs and a friend or two.  Bear didn't think that was good enough one day, he went to a friend's camp at 7 (the dogs ran off while I was getting dressed--well EXCUSE ME for wanting to get dressed in my bedroom instead of the living room.  He showed up at my friend's (she doesn't get up until 9:00), banged on the their door and barked a lot, a LOT.  OK, so he got let in, I was called and while he was waiting for me to get him he got 6 treats.  Oh that will keep him from doing that again, for sure.  Treasure came home, grinning and saying "Bear's in big trouble."  Of course he didn't get in trouble, he got treats.

I still haven't been back to the thrift store, I guess I'm taking the summer off.  It's great to have all this free time but right now I'm wondering what I should do next.  Deadhead the flowers?   Cut some tall grass with the weedeater?  Read the library book I checked out (yes, I actually checked out a book)?  Vacuum dog hair in the living room and bedroom?  Replant the geraniums?  No need to pick cucumbers, Bear has eaten them all, even though they were infants only 2 inches long. 

I'm not going to RI this month, those plans were changed.  I may go in October, I would like to see my mother--but then I'll be going in November and December so why go in October too? September is out, it's busy and beautiful here.

Weather has been good, some gorgeous August days.  You can tell autumn is coming, there's something in the air and the nights are cool.  One day my friend and I swam in very cold water, yesterday I swam in water that was just the right temperature, boy was it great.  I'm sure the water in the lake doesn't change temperature that much but the difference was notable.

A gorgeous and bright moon last night--someone said it was called the sturgeon moon.  I should look that up.

No big plans coming up, breakfast with friends yesterday, perhaps a trip to Plattsburgh tomorrow, a trip to a farm stand this afternoon.  Work is good.  Home is good.  Dogs are, well, they are good.  Mostly.

No comments:

Post a Comment