Wednesday, November 13, 2019

Winter in November, no kidding

We had a storm, oh yes we did.  We did NOT have 12 inches of snow, as predicted.  Instead we had 7 inches of snow, with a temperature of zero this morning.  It can't be winter, we didn't dip below zero.

It was very windy and wintry last night--I had to go to my mailbox to get the UPS items that the driver called me (now how do they get our phone numbers?) to report that he was leaving packages there.  No, he's not supposed to do that but I told him he wouldn't have to drive to my driveway or my house in winter months.  The hardtop is plowed often and well, my road (OHR) is not.  It was plowed once, at 5 a.m. yesterday but not again until today.  Oh well.  I managed to get out yesterday before my driveway was plowed, that was a relief.  I won't have my snow tires on until Friday and boy what an education this has been!   Driving AWD without snow tires is NOT the same as driving AWD WITH snow tires.  duh.  OK, I know this is common knowledge, and that's why we have snow tires, blah blah blah but it was really obvious to me yesterday and again today when the roads were slick.

OK, enough about driving, snow, winter, cold, wind, etc.  Today I volunteered at the thrift store.  It wasn't terribly busy so we were able to get a lot done and that was nice.  I came home, stoked the stove, cut up a bunch of big cardboard boxes (some of which I retrieved from my mailbox last night), packed up the garbage and went to the dump.  Now I'm watching Impeachment TV, mostly because there's not much else on.  Bear the dog is staring at me--intently because he thinks it surely must be time for DINNER.  not.  They're lucky they get to eat at 4:00, let's not push it Bear.

Bear and I walked partway down the road yesterday afternoon.  It was cold but also lovely.  I do like a decent snowfall, in the beginning at least.  I don't know how much of this snow will melt but it's supposed to warm up soon (before it gets cold and snows some more).  I've always maintained that I like November.  Maybe this year will be the exception.

No comments:

Post a Comment