Saturday, November 16, 2019

Yes, winter in November

It's 4 this morning with a blazing orange sunrise.  Very pretty.

I've been busy but not TOO busy.  Work on Thursday was good, we scanned and processed photos, I like that although some of them sure were boring.  They can't all be gems.

Yesterday I went to Plattsburgh, had an appointment at last to have snow tires put on.  Went for coffee with a friend while they worked on the car.  When I picked it up oh boy they told me the car needs brake work but of course they couldn't do it yesterday.  Back to Plattsburgh I go next Friday.  I wanted to make sure to have the work done before heading to RI next week.  Wow, Thanksgiving is next week!  I'm heading to RI on Tuesday.  Looking forward to being with my mother and Mark, we have good visits.

I over-stoked the stove last night so it was in the 70's in the living room when I got up at midnight.  Whew! That's too warm.  Now I have a respectable fire going, not too hot but hot enough.  The weather these days is fine--for January.  Temps are supposed to be in the 40's but today's high is supposed to be barely 20.  Yesterday was good, temps in the 30's, boy didn't that feel nice.

I'm hosting book group on Sunday, we're reading a mystery that takes place in France so it's full of lots of French words, some just describing food, some more important to the story.  I'll have to dig up something for us to read next.  We don't usually meet in December, life is just too complicated, so maybe we'll have until January.  By then I'll either have a Christmas tree up or I won't do one this year.  I face this decision every year.  It's a lot of work but I do like seeing my ornaments and I like the lights on the tree.  Life is good, if that's my big decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment