Sunday, December 08, 2019

From zero to twenty-eight

Cold morning today, temp was 0 when I got up.  Can it be that I'm getting used to this weather?  It didn't feel too cold when I went out early in the day.  Really?  How good that would be, getting used to weather like that, but of course it was still, not windy.  I do not like cold, windy days but a cold day with some sunshine on bright white snow can be very pleasant.

I worked at the thrift store yesterday, it started out pretty slow with not many shoppers but all of a sudden we got hammered.  I didn't work in receiving, I was a packer.  I like doing that, it's fun to see what people buy and it's very VERY entertaining to see them buy the stuff you price and put out.  What??? Someone is buying that?  I got tired, standing on the cement floor for 3 1/2 hours but the time went by.  I had to leave before the store closed (I always do) and this time I felt bad because it was busy but I had to meet friends for lunch.  We had a nice visit--this is a couple who live in Albany and have a camp down the road from my house.  She works in the State Archives and we always have good archival conversations.  I'm impressed by what she does and by the collection they have (duh, it IS the STATE Archives, after all).

I have to decide whether to put up a Christmas tree.  A friend found a place selling smaller trees--at this point in my life I only do table-top trees but I usually have to buy big trees and cut off the bottom couple of feet.  Maybe I could be convinced to buy one if it were already small enough.  I might check it out tomorrow, it's going to be a Plattsburgh day.  Haircut.  Bank.  Errands.  I went grocery shopping yesterday on my way to the thrift store so at least I don't have to do that.  I should visit the people who used to live down the road and are now living with their son in Plattsburgh.  But maybe not.

No comments:

Post a Comment