Saturday, December 21, 2019

Getting ready for the holiday

Well I can't claim I've been "getting ready" for the past several days/weeks...

It's been a busy time for me, nothing unusual really but some social events (my birthday dinner, holiday gatherings).  It got cold, -11 day before yesterday, -3 yesterday and today but due to warm up.  Just in time for my travels.  I'm heading to RI this morning (why did I pick today to travel? I think there will be 8 million people on the Mass Pike), will be there for nearly a week.  I have to pack my clothes then the car but it's 6:45 in the morning and I'm in good shape for that.  I hate packing in the dark though so I'm just watching the news and having coffee.  Time to function: have to bring in firewood, pack pack pack, close up the house.

I've been going to the gym with friends--one friend comes from DC often and loves to go to the gym in the morning so we did that every day for a week.  I also started going to an aqua-robics class in Plattsburgh at the Y, it's a class for seniors and I'm probably the youngest person in the pool.  It's an hour of constant activity, very good for me but the shallow end of the pool is full FULL of old people all trying to avoid hitting each other with the floating barbells and kicks.  I'll probably keep going once in a while but I don't relish a drive to Plattsburgh very often.

I'll have a good week with my mother, we do enjoy each other's company.  I'll visit with a friend who lives in Jamestown, perhaps see a cousin who says he's going to visit, eat lobsters, read read read and have a nice vacation-type visit.

I didn't put up a Christmas tree this year, it just seemed like a lot of work.  It IS a lot of work when you do it by yourself but I do like having the lights and I like seeing my collection of very nice ornaments.  Maybe next year.


No comments:

Post a Comment