Saturday, December 07, 2019

Good dog-Bad dog--SUPER Bad dog

I always swear I can't/don't let both dogs out together but of course there are exceptions.  Friends came for coffee yesterday morning, friends who are much loved by my dogs so I let the dogs out to greet them.  They barely acknowledged the people, then ran down the driveway and disappeared.  For FIVE HOURS.  Wow what a bad pair.  I tracked them down to camp (they tried to get in the back door) and along the shoreline for a short way but the woods got too thick so I gave up.  Drove to Plattsburgh to meet a friend (yes, I felt bad but I also thought they deserved to come home to an empty house).  Came home 2 hours later and there were no dogs at my house.  Man oh man.  They finally did come home, 5 hours after leaving.  Treasure could barely walk, sore shoulder but Bear was just fine.  Yes, they did sleep.  for hours.  And they skipped lunch and barely noticed that.

So I had a quiet afternoon watching them sleep and listening to them snore.  Oh they are bad dogs indeed.

It snowed most of the day but it wasn't a convincing snow, only got a few inches.  There's ice on the lake, snow on the ice.  I doubt the ice is more than an inch or so thick.

Today is a thrift store day, then lunch with friends.  I have to decide if I want to put up a tree this Christmas.  I'm feeling slightly (or more) lazy about that.  I have always had a tree, I like the lights and I really like my collection of ornaments but this year it just seems like a lot of work.  We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment