Wednesday, February 05, 2020

Beautiful day

It's 21 degrees with bright, warm sunshine--my very favorite kind of winter day.  I wish I were brave enough to go down to the lake alone but the last time I did that I fell through the ice.  Yikes, luckily it was close to shore but it sure was scary.  It cured me of solo trips on the ice, that's for sure.

We've been having a spell of pretty nice weather but haven't seen much of the sun.

I went snowshoeing the other day with friends.  We were going to go to camp and check on the boat house but I knew I wouldn't make it up the hill to come home so I stopped at the gate and came home while they went down to the lake (with Bear).  They said it was beautiful and the ice was fine.

Work is going well.  We're taking a break from scanning to add bibliographic records to the data base, which is what I did for so many decades when I worked.  It's funny to be doing that work again and it's even funnier what comes back to me about manipulating the data.  Am I pleased about this?  Not particularly.

I've been working at the thrift store but today it was pretty slow so I didn't stay long.  Saturday it was really really busy with shoppers but we had enough people working and there wasn't that much in receiving, it moved at a nice pace.

I've been walking the bog some mornings with friends, when we don't walk the bog we go to the gym.  One would hope this would lead to weight loss (not) and improved lung function (not) so it's all sort of discouraging.  I see my doctor later this month and was hoping to proudly announce my weight loss but alas and alack that doesn't not seem to be going to happen.  Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment