Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Still winter, but barely

It's in the 20's these days, sometimes creeping up to the 30's.  What's up with that?  Where's our sub-zero?  our teens?  our single digits?  It's very unnerving.  And makes me nervous about February...

I haven't been doing anything startling or exciting.  I went to the dump yesterday, stopping at the grocery store on my way home.  The roads were slick and crappy--we had some heavy snow with some icy stuff the night before.  I whacked away at the crud that had built up on my deck stairs, got them down to bare wood.  I have to keep at that or they get like a bobsled run and I slide right down them.

Today is a work day.  I think we'll scan images today, we've done nearly all of the 6000 photographs in the collection but we skipped 300 images of houses in Keene Valley.  Big yawn but good to get done.  We laugh a lot when we scan so that will be good.  I have to stop on my way home to renew my gym membership in AuSable.  That's the extent of my plans for the day.

I'm trying to be productive and get a little better organized--yesterday I cleared off my kitchen counter.  Wow! space in the kitchen!   Of course I haven't found homes for the things that were on the counter, little bowls and dishes I rarely use.  I did pack up a box of bottles and empty sippy cups that were taking up valuable real estate on the floor, but all I did with them was put them in the mud room.  With a lot of other "useful but not right now" stuff.  Note to self: if you ever built another house make sure you include lots of closets and storage space.

The week looks pretty easy--I do have to go to Plattsburgh tomorrow, car appointment in the morning.  No thrift store for me (if you leave out the "t" it becomes "thrift sore," maybe that's too close to reality) but I'll go on Saturday.  The woman who is in books says she's not working Wednesdays any more after tomorrow so I'll be doing books one day a week I guess.  Which do I prefer: receiving or books?   I think it depends on who's working in receiving.  And I'll say no more about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment