Friday, August 27, 2004

Friday afternoon and I'm tired. I've been answering the phone at home and at work all week. Well, at home it's mostly voice mail messages that I don't really answer. So much concern! At times like this I really am reminded that I have a lot of good people who know me and care about me. Calls last night from friends I've had here for many years. Calls today from member library directors who wanted to make sure I'm ok. Same thing yesterday. What nice people.

Book group met last night, all agreed we really did NOT like the book, sappy sweet romance, totally unrealistic. That's not why they didn't like it, but I realized that I don't like unrealistic books. You'd think that would mean I would read non-fiction, but no, I still prefer fiction. Next book is Michael Chabon's Mysteries of Pittsburgh. Turns out only the Lake Placid Library owns it, eveyone else either never bought it or threw it away. oops. Guess I'll have to buy it. We had a nice time last night, spent a lot of time talking about relationships, marriage, priorities. Sitting on the boat house porch in the evening, watching the moon rise as it got dark and we visited by candlelight. What a great place that really is. And what nice people are in that group. We really have fun together and I just love being part of a group like that.

Today I was late for work because all three dogs decided to check out the neighborhood for 45 min. or so. Ratful dogs. Tess came home with a huge wild apple in her mouth. Apparently Chances thought it was ok for her to carry it home, but she took it away from her in the living room and promptly ate it. slurp slurp.

I find myself feeling very sad as I drive these days. I wish I could tell my brother about my accident, and I wish he could comfort and console me. I'm not afraid to drive, but I'm very sad about it all. I bought a new car yesterday but am not at all excited. I think this is my 7th new car, maybe my 8th. I played 3 dealers off each other and settled for one in NH, never met the salesman only talked to him on the phone. They'll deliver the car on a flatbed, waiving the delivery charge (that was the dealbreaker, I told him). I have to do nothing, not even go to DMV to register it. I did the financing online and over the phone. They don't even have my signature yet. My insurance company is getting the title to my car in the mail, will cut a check to Honda Finance and give me the difference between the value of the car and what I owe (yes, I owe less than it's worth, a rare situation in my life). When it's all straightened out, hopefully mid-week, I can get my new car and get on with my life.

I'm still sore but am improving. I went to the chiropractor on Tuesday, have another appointment on Tuesday. He cracked my neck and I swore in surprise. Must learn to control that. Worked on my pressure points, told me I have problems with sacro-iliac (no shit--I can't sit comfortably for more than 1/2 an hour), my neck, shoulder and of course my carpal tunnel. Let's see what he can do.

It's supposed to rain all weekend. I can watch Bend it Like Beckham, Matchstick Men, The Triplets of Bellville (a friend told me the other night that Jackson is just like the dog in that one so I have to check it out). I should read and, god help me, straighten my house a bit. I can't mow my lawn if it rains.

No comments:

Post a Comment