Monday, July 11, 2005

WHAT WAS IT LIKE, WHAT WAS IT LIKE?
Well, I went to my ex-husband's wedding and it was fine. The wedding took forever. Boy are they married, they are sooo married. This wedding could not have been more different from our wedding. Tuxedos, white dress with pearl baubles, bridesmaids in gowns, church vows and more vows, solos belted out in all kinds of languages, a long boring sermon, full communion. It took almost an hour and a half for them to get married. Us, it took about 10 minutes outside in the sunshine with leaves on the trees. It rained the entire day he got married this time. The entire day, poured. The wedding was at night. The reception was really nice, in a pretty spot with good food and plenty of it. Free wine and beer and plenty of it. I had a nice time, saw good friends and got to be part of their group. Saw nice cousins and got to visit with them. Evaded cousins I didn't want to visit with. Was told by enough people they were glad I had gone. Jamie actually hugged me. Not bad for a man who hasn't spoken to me in a long time. He did not, however, introduce me to his wife, so I had to do that myself. She seemed stunned and said nothing. Anyway, the whole thing was fine and I stayed at the reception for a long time.

Yesterday was a beautiful sunny day. Really beautiful. I had Sunday dinner with the usual crowd, then got to spend some time on the dock with Jenica. We did our usual chatting, one on the dock, one in the water. Library stuff, the wedding, our lives. Very nice. Then we went our separate ways. I went to my book group, which I thought started at 4 but really started at 3. Oh well, they were kind enough to talk about the book again when I got there. Running with scissors by Burroughs. Mixed reviews. We had a great time together, the full group was gathered for the first time in a long time. We talked about what's going on in our lives, especially Lori's life--she's getting a divorce and is living in a not-so-great situation right now. They're all going to Mirror Lake to swim laps Weds. night at 6:30. I may join them.

Friday night was the long-awaited 60th birthday party for Erdvilas. It was really nice. I had a nice time, saw lots of people I really like visiting with, ate plenty of food and didn't drink too much. They were smart and stuck to wine. What a difference that makes! Lots of people, plenty of conversation. I like being part of that extended group, they are really nice and wonderful people.

Tonight I have an appointment with my psychiatrist, who will be shocked that I went to my ex-husband's wedding. I haven't seen Dr. Rubin for 3 months. After that I rush home to pick up the dogs and rush them to the vet. The Brown Girls have the most disgusting hot spots. Chances has a huge oozing one on her neck and Tess' is now crusty and is huge on top of her head so she looks like a comic book character who was hit by radiation and is thus disfigured. My beautiful dogs! So unattractive! Not to mention that it will cost me a fortune to get them repaired! And they will have huge bald spots! Oh no!

1 comment:

  1. Brava! Congratulations, you are wonderful, I'm glad you did that so gracefully.
    Sorry about the hot spots, what a bitch,no, two bitches.
    I love you.

    ReplyDelete