Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Another dream
Last night part of my dream was about horses:

Horse
The horse is a lucky animal in dreams, suggesting the dreamer is in control of her life.
Well, hurray for me.

But I also dreamt about blindness, someone else (who is close to me) being blind. This is supposed to mean that this person is deceiving me. This I refuse to believe. Instead, I choose to believe that I dreamt about blindness because my eyes have been bothering me a whole lot lately, probably a combination of allergies and the dryness that comes from burning wood. yeah, I like that a lot more.

Today I take my car (horse) to the dealer (vet) for it's 20,000 mile servicing (checkup). It will take 1.5 hours or so and I will get to spend the time drinking coffee and reading. It means my day will last from 8 until 5, but I'm used to staying until 4:30 or so anyway, so what's the difference? I'm just taking a lunch hour today, which I don't usually do. Right now I'm avoiding the cataloging that awaits me, nagging me from the manilla folder sitting in the middle of the nice empty area in the middle of my desk. My director came to my desk this morning and said--if you can believe this "I think we're going to have to have a 'Clean The Desk Day' sometime soon." I screamed. I told her that I had just spent an entire day cleaning my desk. Can't you tell? I intoned, implored, whined. Yes, there are still piles of things demanding my attention, but the piles are so small, and the contents are easily identified. The book piles will actually disappear one of these days. Guess that day had better come soon. Anyway, that was a pretty cruel blow.

I did not stoke the stove this morning because it's supposed to be sunny today and the living room will warm up all on it's own due to our perfectly sited southeastern exposured house. Cold weather is coming. Cold is such a relative term, though, meaning temps in the 40's right now. HAH! Won't be long before we'll ache for a 40-degree forecast.

1 comment:

  1. Take good care of your horse.
    And take good care of your new boss. Remember, cleanliness is next to godliness.
    If I had to have a clean desk, I would die. But then again, this desk is my personal property, not my workplace, where other people have to be able to get to the information when you are absent (presumably -- here in Italy, we often hear "only Elizabeth puts the toner in the photocopy machine, and she's out this week." This once caused my prof to say, "if Elizabeth were the only person who changed the toilet paper, are you saying we wouldn't be able to shit for a week?" This did not make the office staff happy, as you can imagine.

    ReplyDelete