Thursday, November 10, 2005

Good old-fashioned fish boil

The water in my fish tank was unusually warm last night so I turned down the heater before going to bed. Well, guess what: heater malfunction and this morning they were all cooked. Honestly, sometimes I think this aquarium thing wasn't meant to be, but I really like watching my fishies swim around. Now at least I can get the two tetras I wanted to get before, when I ended up with the big booger platy. But I lost the 2 danios I had. I have learned, however, that danios are easy to replace. They're just zippy little fish. I'll miss my dwarf coral platy but will get another one. This is a good opportunity to clean out the tank completely, the gravel is a little groaty. Last night I put in a new filter and changed half the water. I may have done something bad to the heater in the process, who knows. You're supposed to unplug it before exposing it to the air. I'm not really an ace at these things. This time I'll get a better heater, one that's not so fussy. So back I go to PetsMart tonight, invest $5 more in fish. You'd think they'd know me by now and throw themselves protectively over their tanks when they see me coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment