Monday, July 17, 2006

The Ex


The Ex
Originally uploaded by woodsrun.
This is my ex husband (in the white shirt) and his wife (in the white dress). I was on a quest to take pictures of all the people, table by table, but I gave up when there were too many photographers taking too many pictures and they all got in my way. Jamie and I sat back to back and actually exchanged words. I told him an anecdote about our old neighborhood. He really liked that, perked right up. Of course, he had to tell me something that HE knew about it. But I think that was just his way of trying to connect with me. It's the only way he really knows how to connect with people--to talk about what he knows rather than to listen to what they have to say, unless what they say has value to him. I used to like that about him but now I find it arrogant and boring. Anyway, he's pretty handsome and seems to be aging well. The Wife seems to be a pretty boring person and most people treat her as if she were invisible. Myself included. That's his sister's daughter straight ahead, who is one of my neatest relatives ever. Jenica and I had a really great time connecting with her. She's at a totally transitioinal point in her life right now, having graduated from college in May. She's an incredibly nice person.

1 comment:

  1. "...he's pretty handsome and seems to be aging well."

    I think that's called damning with faint praise.

    :-)

    Looks like a really fun party, though!

    ReplyDelete