Thursday, April 26, 2007

april sunrise


april sunrise
Originally uploaded by woodsrun.
This is a Silver Lake Mountain sunrise from a bit further up the lake. Yesterday morning I walked the loop encompassing the camps of my friends up the lake. I used to do it all the time and check on their camps for them but that was a while ago. I enjoy walking now and like being up early in the morning light. I need to come up with some new routes, though--so far I only have 3 walks to take (the bog; down to camp; and up the road then back along the lake). I just bought a clip that attaches to 2 leashes so you can walk 2 dogs at once, thinking maybe I'll walk the dogs down the road. It sure would be good for their nails! Would wear them right down on the concrete. I asked the vet once why their nails got so long & he gave me one of those looks before telling me it was because they never walked on sidewalks. duh. Their nails get really bad in winter when all they walk on is snow. I have to cut them at least twice during winter months. Tess sees me open the clipper drawer and she crawls under her couch. Chances lies down dramatically and heaves a heavy sigh.

We have Little White Dog Hugo visiting us right now. He got right back into the routines of our house, following me to bed last night and picking out his spot on the bed. Followed me to the treat cupboard when he came in last night and this morning. He'll be with us for 4 or 5 days. Tess is much braver dealing with him now and doesn't take his growls at all seriously. Hah! So there, little dog!

No comments:

Post a Comment