Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Hoofin' along


Hoofin' along
Originally uploaded by woodsrun.
You might think this dog has a stick in her mouth, but if you look closely you'll see a hoof on the end of the stick. On Sat. I heard Tess playing with something on the deck, making a THUMP-A THUMP-A sound. I figured she'd found a nice big stick & was jumping around with it in her mouth. No...she found a deer's leg and was playing "make the deer walk around on the deck."

She had a great time gnawing on the leg and of course wouldn't give it up until the end of the day. I finally got it away from her (when she left it lying on the deck, just outside of the door). I put it on the dinner table until I could figure out what to do with it. GROSS.

Molly, always a source of solutions to my problems, said I should throw it into the woods along the road somewhere, then it would be someone else's dog who'd be chewing on it. I did just that on Sunday, on my way to Ken's. Wouldn't you know the only car to drive on that road all day drove by just as I had the leg poised in the air above my head?

1 comment: