Friday, October 05, 2007

Can this be true?


Can this be true?
Originally uploaded by woodsrun
A perfect picture of what is at my house these days. It's a loaner cat named Dottie (I'm working on changing her name to Spot). I got her from my friend Julie, who has 8 or 9 cats. Julie hand-picked her for me as a good mouser who's affectionate and has personality. She is affectionate and does indeed have personality, but I showed her a dead mouse in the trap yesterday and she wasn't at all inspired.

We're working out details at a rather slow pace, the dogs and I. Tess is mortally afraid of Dot, walks half a universe around her. Chances is intrigued by the hissing sound this black blob makes (I suppose that's how visually impaired quadrapeds react to things). Dot/Spot will walk up to the dogs, if the planets are lined up right. Mostly she finds them a huge annoyance, to be avoided and ignored. She mostly stays upstairs, where no one ever goes, looking out on the world from the windows there. Last night she didn't come home, causing me to dream that she came home (and that my house was falling apart). My worry, as was Julie's at her house, is that something in the forest will kill her.

This morning when I called her name I heard her soft answer and she came running for breakfast (I'm sure her pace was not caused by joy at being with me).
Anyway, she's fine and I don't think I'll ever become a true cat person, but she's a distraction right now. I'd sure appreciate it if she'd catch a mouse or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment