Monday, March 29, 2010

too cute


forsythia 011
Originally uploaded by woodsrun
This is too cute to be believed. It's only the second picture I've seen of me at this age. I think they ran out of film after my brother and sister were born--you know, cute first baby, cute brother and 1st sister. Actually, I think the real reason there aren't many pictures of me is that life turned to shit around this time. My father lost his job because he testified in defense of a friend who was accused of being a communist sympathizer. He got another job, there was a mistrial, he lost the second job too. We left the country.

Guess which one is me? middle one holding the keys to a car she wants to drive. It looks as if my sister doesn't think I should be the only one to play with the keys.

The family lore about this picture is that we had just had our shots, in prep. for our move to Turkey. The doctor said "This won't hurt a bit," but it sure did. The photographer taking this picture said "This won't hurt a bit." Here's our reaction.

How cute is my brother, with his suspenders?

No comments:

Post a Comment