Monday, May 03, 2010

may 2 2010 003


may 2 2010 003
Originally uploaded by woodsrun

What I get to see on my way to the bog. It was clear cut and everyone suffered a lot, swore at the owner who did it, moaned about destruction of the planet. There's nothing much you can do about what someone does to their land, as long as what they're doing is legal. I ended up being happy it had been cut (sort of) because I have this view now. I get to see it every time I leave my driveway. Or drive into it, of course.

My house is on a rise (as opposed to on THE rise), a small hill. My brother once told me that, if you live on a hill you should have a view. When I told him he could cut down any tree he wanted to, and as many as he wanted to, he was thrilled. What a great time he had, and what a great view from my house I ended up with.

My friend Annie was here this weekend and brought her chainsaw to help me with some clearing. We got the driveway in great shape (now a circular drive again) and we picked out which trees she'll cut down today to help get my view back. Balsams grow really fast and take up a lot of room in the forest. My shade garden will no longer be a shade garden, which will be good news to the poor plants trying to grow there.


No comments:

Post a Comment