Friday, June 24, 2011

Friday afternoon

Close to quitting time, but another hour for me.  I'm working until 5 today, the last day we need coverage to 5 until Labor Day.

I was running early this morning, had my day all planned around a long lunch when I could accomplish a lot & get my errands all done.  Sure, that worked fine until I got to Saranac, when I realized I'd forgotten my purse at home.  How girly girl, a purse.  Anyway, I went back for it, was on the road from 7:15 to 8:45, when I finally got to work.  So I didn't take a very long lunch, and I cut out some of the errands I'd hoped to do, but it all worked out.  I guess.  I went grocery shopping, for just a few things (cheese & crackers for the former in-laws to have on the boat house porch this weekend).  Every Canadian in the country is in America for their 3-day weekend.  Stay off the roads, it's not worth it.  They're all driving campers & towing cars.  It's a nightmare.  Plus tonight is high school graduation so all hell is breaking loose out there.  People people everywhere, all going crazy.

I'll have a busy weekend.  Tonight I'm meeting Linda in AuSable at the farmers' market.  It's the first time AuSable has had one, so it's important for us all to go to support it.  After hanging around there a bit we'll go to dinner, who knows where.  Maybe the diner in AuSable.  yum.  grease.  I thought I'd been eating pretty carefully, but I gained 2 pounds this week.  Back to where I was after LAST weekend, when I ate too much of the wrong things.  A slippery slope.  I have to be vigilant all summer.

My friends the Blue Heron Boys (sounds like a musical group, but they're former campers who own a camp down from my house) are here for a week.  They're great fun to be with.  Each year they have this week together ("workfest") when they open camp and get lots of things done.  And climb some mountains.  They always have a Theme Dinner Night, and it's a surprise so you don't know ahead of time what to expect.  I've no idea what it will be this year, but it'll be this weekend.

I have to walk the dogs this weekend, I've been neglecting them terribly.  They practically had to introduce themselves to me this morning, and I realized then that I haven't been with them much, and I certainly haven't been walking them.  oops.  Seems I mostly walk on the weekends, which is not what I'd hoped for myself.

There will be people in camp this weekend--my ex-husband's parents (cousins).  We got along really well for years but then we had a bit of a problem and things have not been great for a while.  I try, and we relax after a while of being together, but it's not what it used to be.  Which I suppose is to be expected.  And though I sort of miss them, my life is simpler now.  Busy, but simpler.

My colleague/clerk is on vacation next week.  Yikes, this means I'll be doing 2 jobs next week.  Or just doing hers.  Her work is the sort that needs to be done every day by a certain time.  I don't like her job, but she rarely takes time off so I can't complain.  She's heading to S.Carolina with her son & parents, is looking forward to being on the ocean.  I don't blame her, I'd like to be on the ocean, too.  I'll be in RI for 2 weeks in August.  That seems like a long time from now.

No comments:

Post a Comment