Monday, September 26, 2011

Amazing weekend

I had such a good weekend!  It started Saturday morning, a beautiful sunny September day, when I went to the dump--in the morning, not waiting until just before the dump closes, but early-ish in the day.  I stopped to buy my usual scratch lottery ticket and WON $500!!! How cool was that.  I called my sister to share my news & her husband said I musn't spend the money on debt.  Oh how I wish I could feel good about doing that!  Instead I think I'll buy firewood from a friend who has a bunch in a woodshed that needs to be moved.  But that's ok, I was worrying about how I would pay for that anyway.  It feels very strange to win that much money.  It's not a huge amount, but perfectly respectable.

Sunday I went to Fred's for coffee with Linda, then we went out to breakfast at the Bad Diner Big Daddy's.  It was crowded, which made us feel good because it means they're doing well.  The breakfast there is better than dinners are.  I had French toast, for the 2nd time, and it was still good.

When I got home I took the dogs for a very long walk--through the bog to a trail that comes out at the end of my road.  It's about an hour walk, at least at the pace Chances leads.  It was incredibly pretty, and very, very peaceful.  No one else in the world.  I love it when it's like that.

Today is another banner Sept. day--sunny and warm.  I'm at work, but get to leave at 2:30 to go to our board meeting in Malone.  At least I'll have a pretty drive up there, even if the meeting is dull and depressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment