Monday, September 12, 2011

And what a weekend it was

001 by woodsrun
001, a photo by woodsrun on Flickr.
I had a great weekend. The weather was wonderful, pure September sunny and clear. I got to sit on the dock BOTH days, and I read the book group book so now I can read something I actually want to read. It wasn't a great book though it was well-written.

Saturday morning I got to have coffee with Fred and Linda at Freds's, on the porch even though it was 45 degrees and he had a fire in the fireplace. We decided to go out for breakfast, which I love doing and never get to do. We went to Big Daddy's, the bad diner nearest us. It's only 11 miles away so it's not far. The food is never very good, it's just a question of how bad it's going to be. They have, it turns out, good French toast.
After breakfast we went to the dump--I had no garbage but was along for the ride ("I bet Elizabeth feels left out because she doesn't have any garbage"--FGS). Then home to read on the deck until it got too hot, then I walked to camp to sit on the dock and read in the sun. And wind. Too windy, really. And the water is too cold for a windy September day so I didn't swim.
Saturday night was the latest in Chicken War--Erdvilas cooked Chinese foods. It was wonderful, great food and a good time. It took a long time, but that was OK. I went home and fell fast asleep.
Sunday I had another good day. Up when I wanted, but oops the power went out so I went to Jim & Pat's to see if they had power (they didn't) and I stayed there for an hour or so. Then on to Linda's to deliver some apples and let her know that no one else had power, either. What a beautiful morning on her porch, right next to the water, sunny spot. I stayd a short time, then headed home to GO TO THE DOCK. And so I did.
Last night I had a hankering to be with other people, but decided to stay home, read, be alone with the dogs. The dogs, ah, what a treat they were over the weekend. We have a good rhythm.
I walked the bog both days. It's not particularly pretty right now, everything is turnind gold/brown, but is only half way there right now.
So it was a good weekend. Just the right amount of human contact and just the right amount of alone time and just the right amount of time with my dogs. I got to talk to my sister, who is far away, but we had a good visit. That's September. I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment