Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Chances Are update

Many thanks to all of you who have been so supportive and interested in my poor dog's plight.  I picked her up at the vet's last night & brought her home.  She's incredibly cheerful, wags her tail ALL the time and was very, very happy to be home.  Tess was thrilled to have her sister home, wiggled & wagged, licked her, then sat on her.  Chances can't walk by herself, I have a sling to hold up her hind end with.  She's strong and can move quickly--this morning, when it was DARK and RAINING she ran around the yard looking for the perfect pee and poop spots,  I ran after her, which must have looked great.  Anyway, she can't use her hind legs but is starting to move them a little.  She's got great spirit, ran through the house (again, with me following) to get to her breakfast bowl this morning.  She slept in her cage last night, wasn't interested in going into the bedroom.  She's in her cage today, and I have a second cage set up for Tess so that C. can have more room.  I left the door to the cage open so we'll see where she is when I get home.  In the cage, will be my guess. She rarely drags herself around but is capable and doesn't seem to mind.

All else is well.  We're supposed to have snow later this week, which is inevitable, but maybe the north won't get as much.  or any.  I'm leaving work early tomorrow to load up the car at home & head to the Big Dump.  I put down a new kitchen rug and need to get rid of the old one, plus there's plenty of stuff that can go.  Broken chair, crap on the deck, old glassware I cleaned out when putting down the new rug, just odds & ends.  I'm feeling good about cleaning out stuff these days, just wish I had more time (when I felt motivated) to do it.  I got some cleansing done over the weekend, getting ready to attack the upstairs in case people really do come visit me this winter.  yikes, a daunting thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment