Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Busy time

What a busy while it's been.  After the annual meeting, and Anna's and my trip to Montreal, I went back to work while Anna entertained herself at camp.  She's a peach.  On Friday afternoon we went to Rhode Island--a good trip down.  Anna drove halfway, which was a nice break for me.  Not too much traffic until Springfield/Hartford, then a big jam but we glided right through it in the HOV lane.  At last!  I could use the speedy lane because there were 2 of us.

We had a good, though brief visit in RI.  Spent Saturday doing errands and visiting, reading, just being there.  Sunday morning we went to the beach--Liza went too, which was nice.  We didn't stay long, but long enough for me to swim and nap (briefly).  That was really nice.

Sunday afternoon Anna & I left, drove to Boston and picked up Enrico (Anna's brother) at the airport.  We got there way early so sat in the car with the dogs in the parking lot for a while.  It was hot, very hot, but cool in the car.  Enrico arrived without any problems, and off we went, headed for Hawkeye.  We had a good trip home, though there was heavy rain in NH.  Not a problem, just slowed us down a bit.  Ate dinner in White River Jct., got home after midnight and settled in at camp.

I've had to work all week, which is a drag, but I don't have much time off left (except for my upcoming 2 RI weeks) so I work.  Anna & Enrico have been entertaining themselves nicely, having a good camp time.  Swimming, reading, taking care of the dogs.  The car I arranged to buy for them has been a real problem--things go wrong with it so we're waiting for it to be delivered.  Should be at my house tonight.  But we heard that before...  Anyway, they were hoping to go to Niagara Falls today but had to postpone the trip until tomorrow.  So tonight I think we'll go out for dinner, just for something different to do.  Last night we went to Hot Dog Man for ice cream in the rain.  Gooooood hot fudge sundae.

Work is fine.  I finished cataloging the classical music CD's that Lake Placid sent me.  Whew.  Those are labor-intensive and hard to do because I don't know anything about classical music.  But I muddled through.

I'm really enjoying being with Anna & Enrico.  They're wonderful people and we have a nice time together.

No comments:

Post a Comment