Friday, April 11, 2014

End of the week

And I get paid!  Amazing how cheerful everyone is on a payday Friday.  The sun helps, and it's warm enough to be outside not bundled up or even wearing a jacket.  YAY.  I think it's supposed to be even warmer tomorrow, with more sun.  Go sun!  Melt that snow!  The snow is probably still 2 feet deep around my house, but that's a big improvement.  The top is so crusty that the dogs are able to walk on it.  Oh how Tess likes being a Tall Dog.  She's frustrated in her efforts to roll in it, though, it's not fluffy enough.  She flops down and rolls around to no avail.

It was a good week.  At least I think it was, I don't remember much that wasn't good about it.  Well, wait, I had some dark moments this week, thinking about my brother.  I wrote to his college friends, sending them some things and an explanation.  They were very very sad when he died (Lory said "I don't believe what you're telling me," which I thought was nice).  Anyway, Lory sent me an email when he received the stuff, and it was touching.  So touching that I cried and cried.  Henry really liked these friends and would see them periodically.  They live on Lake Ontario, a few hours from here.  So I had a couple of dark days.  But now it's all back where it's supposed to be and I'm feeling good.  Looking forward to the weekend.

There's an auction tomorrow that I've been thinking of going to.  It's more than an hour from home, though, and doesn't start until after noon and I have to be back by 5:30, so it all just seems too complicated.  It's the remnants of the life of a friend of a friend, and Linda desperately wants something from the auction.  I was really hot to go last week, but now it just seems foolish because I DON'T NEED ANY MORE THINGS.  I'm supposed to be divesting, not adding.  So I probably won't go.

I'm having dinner with the Holts Sat. night at the Mirror Lake Inn (again).  We do enjoy going there, and we laugh a lot.  This time we're celebrating Annie's retirement and her birthday.  It'll be a good time.

I have to stain the 2 Easter baskets I made last weekend.  That's an easy thing to do but for some reason I couldn't bring myself to do it any evening after work this week.  What's up with that?  Doesn't take long, sure isn't hard.  Oh well, I'll get it done tomorrow, they'll dry, then I can deliver them.

My co-worker (Fred hates it when I call her "my clerk") is on vacation for the next week so I'll be doing lots of typing, checking out books, checking in books, pulling things off the shelves.  It will keep me busy.  Do I mind?  Not really but by the end of her vacations I'm sure ready to get back to MY work.

The dogs are doing well.  They go out one at a time and seem to accept that.  They like to go out.  And come in.  And go out.  And come in.  They'll sit on the deck staring into space and smelling spring.  With an occasional bark.

People keep asking me "Do you have bare ground at your house?"  Well, yes, there's some.  Where the plow moved the snow around.  That's it, though.  Since I haven't been anywhere else, this is all I know so I'm not frustrated, the way I usually am by this time.  I'll be in Rhode Island next weekend for Easter, where there are spring bulbs coming up and there's nothing but bare ground.  Let's see how I feel when I get back from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment