Monday, April 28, 2014

Sunday bog walk

The dogs and I had a nice bog walk yesterday morning.  It snowed earlier, then rained.  There's still snow in the bog but Tess found open water and took a dip.  They were rat pigs and ran away on the way out of the bog.  I found them later down the hardtop, at Brousseau's a mile away, trotting down the road.  Guess I have to keep a leash with me on every walk and harness one of them on the way home each time.  What creeps.
I stayed home on Friday, sinus and asthma--the maples are blooming which always bothers my allergies.  Bothers my allergies?  Well, I have an allergic reaction to the maples and the birches (which will bloom later).

It sure was nice to be home 3 days in a row, even though I slept for most of Friday.  I had a hot fire going all weekend so I didn't have to turn the heat on.  It was mostly pretty miserable all weekend but at least it wasn't REALLY miserable.  Totally OK.

I had book group last night in Wilmington.  Just 3 of us, the die-hards.  We had a good time and some serious talks.  Even spent a little time talking about the book.  M'lou gave us tons of chocolate, which was very generous and wonderful.  I brought some to work this morning, froze the chocolate rabbits for Linda, and have stashed the rest.  Yum.

Quiet week ahead, not much going on.  There's a board meeting tonight but I don't know if I'll stay for it.  Yes.  No.  Yes.  No.  I like to attend them so they know someone is keeping track, but it won't start until 4:30 and might last a while since they couldn't get a quorum together for last month's meeting.  Oh boards are really something.

Saturday evening I went to a fundraiser for the Upper Jay library.  I went with my friend Julie and we had a good time.  The food was amazing and we actually did know a few of the people there.  It was at someone's house and this woman had put together an incredible spread of all kinds of food.  We wanted to eat like pigs but there were too many people hanging around the food for us to really go to town.

Went to the dump on Saturday, and took the long way home so I could listen to my book.  It's Me before you and is a novel about a quadrepalegic (or however that's spelled).  I'm enjoying it.  I'm almost to the end so will have to come up with another book to listen to.

This posting sounds about as boring as my life is.

No comments:

Post a Comment