Friday, June 06, 2014

Friday, and I even get paid

The weather is good now, after some rain and cloudy, cool days.  It's supposed to be 80 and sunny this weekend, which is certainly perfect for reading on the dock.  I have chores to do and hopefully will get up early enough to finish in the morning.  Mostly it's 3 things: mow the lawn, go to the dump and plant a bunch of flowers in pots on my deck.  Mowing and planting need to be done in the early morning because the black flies are out in full now and it's not pleasant.  I did spend some nice time on Linda's dock, where there was a bit of an evening breeze that kept the bugs at bay (mostly).  That was nice.

Fairly busy weekend, neighborhood events.  Tomorrow is the Belmont and we're all hoping for a Triple Crown winner.  There's lots of doubt about Calif. Chrome, though, and whether he'll be able to go the distance.  I have come to hate horse racing for the cruelty and horrible treatment of the horses, but the animals are truly beautiful so I watch these 3 races.  There's a Belmont party at J&M's, which will be fun. 

Sunday is the start of our Sunday dining season and we'll be at Linda's for a locavore brunch.  I have to pick up some NY State wine on my way home tonight to complete the meal.

I may stay in the boat house, but it's still sort of cool at night so it's not as pleasant.  Still great, just a tad cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment