Friday, January 23, 2015

Warmer Friday

It's warmed up to 25 today but there's no sun and a cold wind so it feels pretty crappy.  I just walked to the mailbox, which I'm hoping to make a daily habit.  The dogs are getting used to the walk and always check out the bog on the way to the mailbox, so I walk most of the way without them, talking to myself.  "Am I doing this for my health?  Where ARE you?  Actually, I AM doing it for my health"  It's all good.

I need to develop organizational skills for my errands and chores.  Yesterday I went to Saranac Lake to the bank, to the post office and I tried to send a UPS package with no luck.  When I got home I figured out that I needed a bunch of groceries, so this morning I went to Plattsburgh.  I thought the whole point of retiring was to NOT go to Platts.?  So far I go twice a week--poor planning.

It's very quiet in the 'hood right now.  There is somebody down the road, probably Dennis at Silver Lake Camp.  The plow man plows just about every day--we get an inch or so of fluffy stuff just about daily.  When he gets bored with plowing he sands the road.

It was an uneventful week for me, and I got a few things done at home.  Tuesday I had lunch with my friend Barb, always a pleasure.  I was hoping to meet Julie this morning but she had a meeting.  Instead we mad plans for lunch next week.  Monday I'm meeting my friend in Keene Valley for a walk and maybe lunch, depending on the weather.

Dogs are fine, I am fine, life is still good.

No comments:

Post a Comment