Thursday, January 15, 2015

Week 2

Wow it's been almost a month since I left work.  I miss nothing about it, really.  I'm having lunch with a work friend tomorrow and I'm sure she'll fill me in on what's up.  Apparently they've found a librarian to replace me.  This should be good.
It's been cold, was -13 yesterday morning but is now 21.  It was sunny this morning but is now a bit cloudy.  I should walk down to Holts to water Annie's African violets but will I?
I haven't been doing much but seem to have ways of filling my days.  I went to Saranac Lake on Monday, which was good.  Had to pick up my glasses and run a few errands.  I picked up my goldfish, who is now safely installed in the living room.  So far he hasn't frozen and seems to be just fine.
The dogs keep me entertained and busy--they stare at me when they want to go out (every 20 minutes) and eat (every half hour).  They are good companions and don't seem to notice that I don't go to work every day.
I'm adjusting to my new status and am doing well.  I should be more productive but I do get something done each day.  Yesterday I took a big bag to the dump and I have another one loading up to go on Saturday.  I'm slowly, very slowly cleaning the living room in prep. for book group onn Sunday.  I've been reading a bit, nothing really of note but enough to make me feel as if I'm using my brain.  I still watch too much TV.
I'll run errands tomorrow and will feel productive, trying not to spend much money.  I am worried about money, haven't got a check yet.  Social Sec will kick in in February, I think the pension won't come until then, either.  Makes me nervous.
I made dog reservations at the kennel for my Georgia trip in March.  That was a good thing to get done.  I'm supposed to go to the dentist in Pbg on Monday but I think I'll cancel and reschedule.  Next Weds. I go to Burlington to the car dealer to have the oil changed and tires rotated.  That should be a nice trip.
Things are good.  I'm happy, very happy to be at home.  I just had my driveway plowed and as I pulled in today I thought there's nothing like a freshly-plowed driveway.  I'm a girl who's easy to please.

No comments:

Post a Comment