Sunday, December 06, 2015

Easy Sunday

Not much to report for today.  I was up very early so went to Plattsburgh as soon as the stores opened.  I needed more yarn, plus got a poinsettia for Pat.  It was a quick trip, in and out, no traffic and no crowds in the stores.  Lovely.  I went to Pat & Jim's at noon, had a nice visit with Bill and others.  Came home, did some knitting, stoked the stove--all of my wood is now stacked and under cover.  That is just too amazing and cool.

Yesterday was a wonderful day because I got to play with PUPPIES.  I've been in touch with my dog breeder, offering to help her with litters or other chores.  We finally worked out a good time and I went there to help her vaccinate seven 6-week-old chocolate Labs, and to microchip them.  She waits until the puppies are tired and sleeping to do this, they're not at all wiggly and are sooooo cuddly and fantastic.  Jeezum those pups are cute.  It all went well and Sue (breeder) and I had a good visit.  We've known each other for a long time, I've had 4 of her dogs.  She asked if I would be a reference for perspective buyers.  I was really flattered and said yes, of course.  She has the best dogs and is a very serious and conscientious breeder.  She has an adult female she's thinking of retiring within a couple of years and thought that dog would be a good match for me.  Well...   I don't want to have 3 dogs right now, but Tess is 12 so maybe in the next few years it might work out.  Tess is in good health and does very well.  She and Treasure make a good pair.

I've no plans for the next couple of days.  I did spray that horrible spray foam insulation in the cellar hole.  What a mess.  I didn't know how to do it--it's not as easy as it might seem, and I got it all over.  I did get some holes filled, but there's a big spot where the foamboard has broken so I need to tape it back up.  I don't like working down there, would rather ignore the whole mess of primitive plumbing.  I still haven't wrapped the pipes in the laundry room, maybe that will get done tomorrow.

Wednesday I've got plans to go to Burlington with Julie, just for fun.  She has vacation time to use up and she suggested we go--I'm always up for a trip across the lake.  That will be nice.  Friday I'm having lunch with Barb for our annual birthday visit.  We'll have a good time, we always do.

Dogs are fine, I'm fine.  The house is warm (but it's not winter yet).  The bathroom needs to be cleaned.  Let's see...if I wrap the pipes and clean the bathroom, then walk to the mailbox, that will make THREE things in a day.  I need to get back to that.  Reading doesn't count.  Knitting doesn't count.  Watching Law & Order reruns doesn't count, either (too bad).

No comments:

Post a Comment