Wednesday, March 02, 2016

February-March-February

My fear in February was that we were having March's weather that month and would be having February's weather in March.  So far I was right.  Today was icy, with a strong, cold wind.  The trees were twirling and rocking like crazy and the car was coated in ice.  I did go to Plattsburgh in spite of the dozens of closings--nearly all schools in the area were closed today.  On my trip the roads were just fine, and I finally did get the ice off the windshield, but that took a lot of scraping and a very long time.  I had lunch with Julie, our usual Wednesday Japanese lunch.  Always a treat.  I didn't do much else in Plattsburgh, just a couple of errands, then I came straight home.  The sun had been bright and the house was warm but now I'll have to work on it to keep it that way.

We were supposed to (supposed to? well, it was predicted) have a big storm last night, with heavy snow and lots of ice.  They delivered the ice but there was only a dusting of snow.  That's just fine with me.  It turns out that I don't need 3 feet of snow to be sick of snow by March 2nd.  I'm tired of winter, I think.  Everyone says that's not possible, we haven't had winter weather.  Well...we haven't had spring weather, either.  But we will, I'm sure we will.  Eventually.  Some day.  Not tonight, it's already dropped from 27 to 9, and should go well below zero tonight.  -10 in Saranac Lake, so I wouldn't be surprised if we saw that.  The nails in the deck are popping like crazy.

Tomorrow I may go to Lake Placid.  I have to return the broken satellite dish receiver that's been replaced with a new one, which I successfully installed.  Color-coded cables, 2 sets of instructions, pretty much idiot-proof installation.  I lost all of my recordings, which truly is no great tragedy.  I spent a lot of time surfing through my recordings in search of something worth watching.  Now I get to start all over again, but I'm having trouble remembering what I like to watch, on what channel, at what time.  Well.  If that's my greatest issue today I think my life must be pretty fine.

What have I been doing for the last few days?  Hard to remember.  I know I went to Plattsburgh on Monday, I had a doctor's appointment at 8 a.m.  That went well.  I get to stop taking one of the zillion meds I take for various issues.  Yay!  I'm healed!  Not exactly, but I'm in better shape.  And I'm happy.  After seeing the doctor I did some grocery shopping, then bought an electric frying pan (those are not easy to find) to take to Rhode Island next week so I can cook the perch fillets I'm taking there.  I bought 5 pounds of perch when Joe was here, envisioning a delicious meal with my family in RI. 

Yesterday I went to AuSable, had a couple of things to get and take care of there.  Mostly what I do is stoke the stove, try not to eat much, wait on the dogs (I live to serve) and watch too much television.  I am pedaling every day and I do like my little exercise bicycle, which is near enough to the TV so time passes easily when I'm pedaling

The dogs are just fine.  Tess likes the new seat bottom in the car and has left an amazing amount of brown hair on it.  Both dogs are shedding, the days are growing longer and animals molt and shed based on the amount of daylight.  I brushed them today and should repeat that every day.  I'm going to RI next week and they will be boarded for a week so the shedding will at least take place somewhere that is not my living room or bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment