Saturday, February 27, 2016

Pretty day but cold wind

It's up to 28 today but boy does it feel colder.  There's an icy wind, with bright sunshine.  Almost my favorite winter weather, I love the calm, clear, sunny days when it's in the 20's and there's a blue, blue sky.  Not today.  I think it's supposed to snow this afternoon.  That would be OK, we don't have much snow on the ground.  It rained hard the other day, then it froze so there's not much snow but there's thick ice.  So far I've only fallen twice this winter, didn't get hurt either time, luckily.

I spent yesterday in Burlington.  I took the car to the dealer to have the passenger seat sensor replaced (warranty work)--they had to put in a new seat bottom so it's very spiffy and nice now.  They also vacuumed the car (how embarrassing--dog hair city) so it is way cool.  I'll buy a cover for the passenger seat--Tess digs into the seat bottom in her quest for comfort when I'm not in the car.

It was a long day yesterday--I spent hours in Barnes & Noble, then went to a fancy store & cafe for lunch, then looked at the lake and Adks, then finally returned to the dealer.  At least I had a loaner car so could go places, they had said it would take all day.  I went back to the dealer at 2:30 and the car had been ready for some time.  I had given them my new mobile phone number, and they called, but the call didn't come to me and my mailbox is full.  I can't figure this out and should have gone to the Verizon store that I drove past at least twice during my time-killing travels.  Oh well.

There's not a lot going on with me these days.  Lunches with friends, doctors' appointments.  I have an 8:00 appointment in Plattsburgh Monday morning (why do I schedule these things for early in the morning?  I suppose it's so I won't have to wait, but geez, I have to be out of the house early for them).  I think that's it for next week, except for lunch with Julie on Weds., oh and wait lunch with Barb on Friday.  That will be nice.


No comments:

Post a Comment