Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Home again

Home from Rhode Island.  I had a good trip, a nice Easter visit with Liza and Mark.  The trip down was easy and fine.  We didn't do much while I was there, lots of visiting and resting.  Mark was sick with strep and ear infections, I had a cold and was fussing to make sure it didn't turn into an asthma event, and Liza is old.  We did take the dogs to the beach one morning and that was nice.  I took my mother to town a couple of times, our standard routine.  We went grocery shopping one time, she goes once a week so this was her weekly trip.  They know her well at the store and always like seeing me.  My mother has a list of errands every time we go to town: bank, grocery store, post office, drug store, etc.

Easter was good.  Mark cooked an herb-encrusted lamb for us.  I don't really care much for lamb but he does a nice job with it so I take it to them for Easter.  We dyed eggs and had fun with that.

I took videocassettes that I uncovered upstairs in my house.  They were from 1989 and the early 90's, so we watched them.  Lots of fun, plenty of footage of Molly's kids at 2, 3 and 4.  Boy were they cute, cute, cute.  I'm having some of the tapes converted to DVD so I can share them.  There were also some tapes of building the house.  It sure looked big before I filled it with furniture, dogs and junk.  It was interesting identifying the people who helped build it.  I was hoping there would be good footage of the location of the septic tank but no such luck.  I've never had it pumped out and live in fear of an episode.

My trip home was fine but it rained hard through Hartford.  The rest was easy and I made good time.  The house was just fine, still standing and in fine shape.  The TV wasn't working, but that was true when I left.  This morning the Dish man came and discovered a problem with the cable coming in from the dish.  He fixed it but said it will need to be replaced "next time."  He's the same man who came last year and got his van stuck in the mud up to the axles.  This year he had better luck because the mud is a little firmer this morning.  We have snow, a couple of inches that snowed overnight.  I guess the weather here was wonderful over the weekend--it wasn't great in RI but there were daffodils and crocuses in bloom.  We bought pansies, which are now on my deck, covered with snow.

Not much up for this week, lunches in Plattsburgh, a hair appointment in town.  Today I'll go to AuSable for gas and milk.  Sunday I'm hosting book group--the house is still clean from last week's efforts.  Next week I have to call to see if I have jury duty, plus I have an appointment to have my teeth cleaned.  My old dentist had me come once a year because I have such good, clean teeth, but this one wants me there ($$$) every 6 months.  I'm so lucky about my teeth--my mother has great teeth, my father had crappy teeth, and I got the good tooth gene.

The dogs are great.  They like going to my mother's but do get bored.  They only get to go out into the pen unless Mark and/or I take them for a walk.  Mark took Treasure to URI for a walk around campus Easter morning while Tess and I stayed home.  They're happy to be home.  Me too.

No comments:

Post a Comment