Monday, April 04, 2016

Spring snow

It's snowing today but nothing serious.  It was 7 when I got up, now it's up to 20.  I just returned from Plattsburgh, a visit to the dentist.  Just a cleaning but I think I get hysterical even just when the word "dentist" is mentioned.  Anyway all is well, I passed with flying colors.  How great is that?  No problems, no changes.

It was a pretty busy week last week, 3 trips to Plattsburgh.  I went Wednesday to have lunch with Julie and do some shopping.  Poor Julie was not having a good week and was at home so I missed her.  Did get a lot of errands done, though.  Thursday I had a hair appointment, followed by a nice Julie visit at Starbucks.  I can't do much to help her through this very difficult time, but I can listen and offer support and affection.  Affection?  Well, she's not an affectionate person but I offer emotional affection and whatever advice I can come up with.  And I can make her laugh.

Friday I had lunch with Barb, which is always a treat.  We get along well and are evenly matched in many ways.  We compare mother stories and make each other laugh.

Saturday was dump day, after that I didn't feel like doing much so I mostly spent the afternoon on the couch watching PBS cooking shows.  I did some cleaning, did more yesterday because I hosted book group last night.  I made dinner, something that used to be delicious called Mexican lasagna.  I think I didn't cook it long enough because it sure wasn't delicious.  Oh well, we never complain about each other's cooking and never, ever judge each other in any way.  I got rid of a few things, managed to find some giveaways that Lin and Marylou were interested in--maybe I should say WILLING to take.  We had a good time, the 3 of us.  It was peaceful and pleasant and good visiting.  Hard to believe our next meeting will be in May.  That used to seem so far away.

Yesterday I went to P&J's, with much discussion about whether the ice was out or not.  Jim finally went to the foot of the lake and determined with binoculars that NO, the ice is not yet out.  After last night's temps I'm sure it's REALLY not out.  It's still early but the lake is almost all open so it will be an early year for ice-out.  My date is the 20th so I won't win the pool for sure.

I'm starting to get ready for my trip to Cleveland and Ann Arbor, mostly just getting myself psyched for the trip.  I'm driving to Canandaigua on the 16th, spending the night and Sunday with friends there.  Monday my friend Judy and I drive to Cleveland, where I'll meet a friend from the old days of Providence.  We'll stay in a hotel for 2 nights, and spend Tuesday at the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame.  I am so psyched to go there!  I've wanted to do that for a long, long time.  I don't like museums at all, but this one is so very, very wonderful.  On Weds. I'll drive to Ann Arbor for some time with Linda, and will start home on Monday.  I'm spending Mon. night with cousins near Auburn, NY, on one of the Finger Lakes.  I haven't seen them for a few years and they are favorite relatives so that will be nice.

When I boarded the dogs for the RI birthday trip, they spent a week at the kennel and came out in fantastic shape.  They lost weight and were happy and great.  I'm boarding them again, for 10 or 11 days when I leave, and they'll return to the spa/kennel.  They like it there and never seem to mind being there--plus the kennel owners like my dogs so it's an ideal situation.  Expensive, yes, but I feel lucky to have such a good situation nearby.

My kitchen is full of dirty dishes so that's what I'll work on today.  I love this life!


No comments:

Post a Comment