Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Home (no place like it)

I had a good trip home, very easy.  I drove 7 hours from Ann Arbor on Monday, ended up between Buffalo and Rochester, where I stayed in a hotel.  I love staying in hotels by myself, it's so peaceful and perfect.  I slept very well and felt rested.  Yesterday I drove the rest of the way home, getting stuck behind a snowplow outside of Watertown.  We had a lot of snow--heavy wet spring snow.  My living room was 48 and the house was miserably cold and damp.  I didn't leave any heat on while I was gone--don't be silly, I thought, it's SPRING.  Not.  Anyway I got the house warm with a hot fire and heat.  It was still snowing so there wasn't any sun to help.  I slept well again last night, happy to be home.  I picked up the dogs at the kennel.  Were they thrilled to see me?  No, not at all.  They were happy but I think it's a real tribute to that kennel that they don't jump up & down and get all excited when I pick them up.  I don't worry about them when they're there, they're just fine and the kennel owners really like them.

The house was just fine, no issues or problems.  Today it got very warm because the sun is out, bright warm spring sun.  I have some daffodils in bloom and found a couple of crocuses as well.  We had about 3 inches of snow and some of it has melted today.  Hopefully tomorrow there will be bare ground.  I got awfully used to seeing green grass on my trip.

Today I went to Plattsburgh for groceries and lunch with Julie.  That was all fine but when I started the car after shopping the check engine light came on.  HONESTLY: the warranty was up 168 miles ago.  I don't know what's up.  The soonest the dealer can see me is next Weds. so I'll limp along until then, being hysterical.  The service guy said it was OK to drive it so drive  it I will.  I have to go to Plattsburgh again on Friday--blood work and meet with the director of the Historical Assoc. to go over the newsletter. 

I did a lot of reading on my trip, read 3 good books.  I don't seem to read much when I'm at home, too much distraction from the dogs and television (mostly television).  That's something I'd like to change.  Maybe I'll set it up so I can read while I pedal my exercise bike.

The dogs are fine.  They're still exhausted from the kennel, plus the trip today so they're snoring.  I was fearful that I was snoring last week because of my congestion and lung issues.  Well.  I did snore.  I woke myself up with my snoring and snorting but that seems to have ended.  I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment