Thursday, July 28, 2016

Dock day extraordinaire

Yesterday was perfection.  I had coffee with friends, came home to get the dogs, then went to camp for a Dock Day.  It was hot, very hot, but there was a cool breeze on the dock and the water temp is perfection.  I read, stared into space and swam (just a little).  The dogs did the same except for the reading.  I promised them I would spend the day with them and was true to my word.  They were wonderful, stuck close to me the whole afternoon. 

I went to see P&J briefly in the afternoon, then went to the Beach House for dinner with a big group to celebrate a friend's birthday.  Huge group, and I ate too much food and drank too much beer.  I paid for that at 2 this morning, wide awake, thinking bad thoughts about myself.  What did I do for distraction?  I tidied up the piles of books in the boat house.  I was tempted to do the dishes in main camp but decided that would be a bit extreme.  I did get back to sleep, woke at 5:30 and got up at 6:30.  Nice visit with F. over coffee this morning, now I'm home daring myself to clean.  I've organized papers, balanced my checkbook, put away the laundry, now what?

No big plans for the next few days, which feels just grand.  REALLY grand.  I mowed my lawn but need to weed whack a lot to complete the process.  I have to clean and fill the hummingbird feeder at the boat house.  I need to dead head the flowers on the deck, and I should fertilize them as well.  I bought  new bookcase for the bedroom and must put it together and replace the tottery one I use for clothes storage.  Fred said this morning he was trying to picture storing clothes in a bookcase.  My only response to that is that it isn't pretty.  The room I use for a bedroom was designed to be my basketmaking studio so has no closet.  One entire wall is a window, another wall has 2 doors, there's really only one place to put the bed, and there's only room for one bureau, so I use a bookcase for pants and sweatshirts.  I laugh at myself and the way I "organize" my things.  Always a cataloger.  I'm trying to get rid of a lot of books, all fiction, that I've read recently.  I think I'll give them to my friend Judy and let her deal with them.  I passed some Richard Russo books to Sue, who is loving them.  I'm really loving Moving on, by McMurtry (for the third time)(but it's 800 pages and I don't remember much of it).  It's a real project to read it but it's wonderful.

May watch the Convention tonight with Judy and maybe Jim.  Wow would it be a late night if we stayed up to watch the acceptance speech.  But it would be historical and worth watching.  I could record it and watch it tomorrow, but would that be the same?  Anyway I'll be at home tonight--cousins due in camp later today.  I'm so spoiled, having so much time there alone and with just my sister.

No comments:

Post a Comment