Tuesday, July 26, 2016

 ROGERS WOMEN!  Here are my sister, my mother and me in the front garden at my mother's house.  We had a very nice visit, lots of relaxation and reading and spending time together.  I'm going back in mid-August, when Mark will be on vacation.  I'm going to "help" him but really am hoping mostly for beach days.




My sister took this shot of a calm morning on Silver Lake.  I love it.

Right now it's 3:30 a.m. and I'm at home.  I was sleeping in the boat house but woke at 2 and couldn't get back to sleep so the dogs egged me on and I came home.  Television is my best sleep-aid (OK, maybe not my BEST, there are magic drops from Italy that help) so I thought I'd give it a try.

I'm off to Plattsburgh in the early morning, a quick trip for blood work and to get dog food.  Then what?  Home, maybe mow the lawn but definitely finish cleaning the boat house and camp after cooking dinner for book group Sunday.  We barely mentioned the books (Boys in the boat and Little women) but had  nice time anyway.  Marylou brought the most excellent mango salsa and pesto (I could have eaten tubs and tubs of both of those things, wow were they good.  Thank you, Andy.

Today was not particularly productive, but I had a good time.  Road trip with F.,  AuSable and a couple of farm stands in Peru.  Got some excellent corn, wow.  Finally found some pickling cukes but only a few for sandwiches, not enough yet for pickling.  This year I'm making million dollar pickles again, they were a big success last year.

Trying to get ready for upcoming family time--cousins coming to camp this weekend, more and more cousins arriving next week for the annual meeting/gathering.  This means it's AUGUST (almost). 

No comments:

Post a Comment