Friday, April 05, 2019

Snowing again...still

It's snowing right now but we're not supposed to get more than a couple of inches.  The weather here has been pretty crappy, the warmest it got was in the high 40s one day this week, now it's cooler.  It was 10 this morning.  At least I saw some turkey vultures, that's a sign of spring for sure.  Also had a sparrow on my deck.  Wow, the birds sure have been fooled.

I had a good week, pretty quiet.  Went to Plattsburgh on Monday, picked up meds and had coffee with a friend.  Someone made a mistake in the prescription on one of my meds--instead of a 90-day supply I'm getting a 9-day supply.  Of course a simple phone call would fix this but I never remember to call during the day, I only think of it at night.  duh.

Work was good this week, scanned a lot on Tuesday then spent my hours on Thursday editing and labeling the scans.  Actually had a phone call (RATS!) from someone who's doing research on her family and will be here in June to see what we have.  She called from Mass. and I was charming and led her to believe we would actually help her.  HAH!   My assistant had better be there in June!  I'm not so great at digging through the Archives to find what people want.  Margaret is fantastic at that.   I'll get better.  maybe.

Boy did I waste time today, I had coffee with a friend, talked to my mother for an hour then went to the gym alone.  That didn't work out well, I only did 15 minutes on the treadmill because it was so boring.  There's a TV there but there wasn't anything worth watching so I stared at the timer on the treadmill until I couldn't stand it.  Came home and took a long nap.  LONG nap.  Boy did that feel good.

Tomorrow I'm meeting my friend at the gym, we'll go for coffee after that then I'll do some work at the thrift store.  It's been busy at the store, people are coming out to drop things off as well as shop.  We couldn't keep up with the drop-offs on Wednesday so there was a lot of stuff to deal with.  Other volunteers work there when the store is closed but I don't have a key (that's OK, thanks anyway) so I only work when the store is open.

I had great visits with friends last weekend, they were at their camp for their annual winter FreezeFest.  Getting to their camp was tricky though because the snow was (and still is) deep and punchy so we had to post-hole our way from the driveway through the woods to the camp.  Not fun.  But great fun once I got there.

It's supposed to rain for the next several days.  My driveway is muddy and will sure be a mess if it does rain but the snow may actually melt.  We're getting into mud season now.  I drive to the house sometimes, if it's going to freeze overnight.  That won't go on much longer, I'll be parking at the end of the driveway.  I bought a big bag of dog food, enough birdseed and lots of groceries this week so at least my hauling up the driveway should be limited.  I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment