Friday, April 12, 2019

Bare ground, a little anyway

The ground next to my house is bare and there are daffodils--SURPRISE! coming up.  The rest of the yard is still under 6-8 inches of snow.  And the driveway is still mud mud mud.

It's 63 today with a slight breeze and there was some sun but it's clouded over and I think we're supposed to have a lot of rain tonight.  That will be OK, rain melts snow.  Doesn't help mud  but you can't have everything.  Tomorrow it's supposed to be even warmer.  I'll be at the thrift store in the morning, maybe for a few hours.  I expect it to be busy with shoppers and droppers, and we're short-handed right now because some of the volunteers are away.  YIKES!  Well we do what we can.

I had a good week, not terribly eventful.  Did go to Plattsburgh and get paint for the living room and that was exciting.  Now I have to go back for paint for the trim, the sample I got first wasn't right at all.  I need to get lamb to take to Rhode Island for Easter anyway so a trip to the big city won't be for naught.  And I need to get floor cleaner, I started cleaning the tile floor and man oh man will that be a tough job.  Not that huge an area but dirty, very dirty tile and grout.  Gross.

Life is good, pretty quiet all in all.  Work was fine except someone called wanting information on a woman photographer who spent time in Keene Valley.  WHAT????  Someone wants to use the resources in the Archives?  How dare they!   I found a few tidbits but will sic my assistant on the research while I'm gone.  I leave Thursday for Easter in RI, returning Monday.  I think I'm repeating myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment