Monday, April 15, 2019

REALLY bare ground

Most of the snow on the ground has melted but it's snowing hard right now.  I think we might get a couple of inches overnight but nothing serious.  I hope.

It's full-blown mud season now, I've been very disciplined about parking at the end of my driveway.  except for today.  I couldn't resist--had to load up for the dump, then drove to the house again for cleaning.  It will freeze tonight, temp is 33 now and due to be in the 20's so at least damage will be minimal in the morning.  I'm going to a workshop/training session in the morning.  Am I really interested and excited?  Vaguely.  It's training for developing a plan for conservation in Archives.  Yawn.  Well I always learn something from these things.
My living room is an exciting place these days.  Friends and I have been painting the walls--2 have been painted and look fantastic.  I chose a very light gray with dark brown trim for the windows and around the door.  Boy does that look great!  Today I cleaned the 4 tall windows in the living room (plus the door).  So much dog snot, Treasure, really!  It looks wonderful.  We still have the ceiling in the dining area to paint and have to develop a plan for the cathedral ceiling in the living room.  The walls look wonderful without artwork on them.  I developed the habit of driving nails into the walls and sticking stuff up to get it off the floor, like the broom, a pack basket I made, a key holder, on and on it goes.  I'll find another place for some of those things, not where I have to stare at them all the time.  I hope.  Of course "finding another place" is a challenge.

Buds on the maple trees are turning a little red!   This is a huge sign of spring.  Of course they're covered with snow right now.  There were chipmunks at the bird feeder this morning.  I don't have many spring birds, but juncos and song sparrows.

The neighborhood is relatively quiet.  It won't be long before life will liven up, summer people will be coming in a month.  I'm going to RI on Thursday for Easter, will come home Monday.  It will be strange to be there and NOT worry about frozen pipes.  We'll get pansies for me to bring home.  We don't make a big fuss about Easter except for food.  Plenty of food.

No comments:

Post a Comment