Tuesday, April 09, 2019

Still snowing

We didn't get much during the week but it's snowing again tonight.  Just a little, enough to keep the daffodils from being exposed.  It dawned on me tonight that it will soon (enough) be May.  That's a month when I usually have daffodils in bloom but there's still a ton of snow in my yard.  There are bare patches in the neighborhood but not in my yard.  My driveway, however is a mud pit.  I could host mud wrestling matches.

I'm into a good quiet routine with a big exception: we're painting my living room.  I have a wonderful friend who helps me with projects around my house.  She worked miracles in my mud room and library, now we're getting the living room painted.  I'm really excited, I'm so tired of the color we originally painted the room in 1992.  I'd love to paint pretty much every room but let's start with the walls I stare at most.  I painted my bedroom with my niece's help about 15 years ago, it's a shock to me to realize now that maybe it could stand to be painted again.  NO!   Not yet!  Anyway the pale gray I've chosen for the living room will be wonderful with the dark brown trim around the windows.  Ahhhhh.  Nothing beats a freshly-painted room.

Work is going well but it's mostly monotonous right now.  My co-worker is in Texas visiting her family so I'm editing and labeling the images we scanned before she left.  It sure is quiet in the Archives without her, plus the 40 images of rustic furniture I worked on today are less than exciting to work with.  Sticks and branches.

My volunteer work at the thrift store is good.  I like being a bagger but it's getting busy as the calendar marches toward spring.  More shoppers, more droppers.  It was busy in receiving on Saturday, we have a backlog of stuff and will be short of volunteers this week because some are traveling.  Anything interesting come in?  We had a Magnalite saucepan come in, which I snatched right up for $7.  My mother cooked with Magnalite when I was growing up so I mostly wanted it for sentimental reasons but wow it is really nice to cook with. 

Temperature right now is 28, the highs lately have been in the 40's.  I think it's supposed to warm up next week, just in time for my Easter visit to Rhode Island.  I'm leaving next Thursday, will stay until Monday.  We have nice Easter traditions, including buying pansies for me to bring home.  Pansies?  Really?  Won't they look nice against the snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment