Wednesday, June 12, 2019

A taste of near-summer

The weather has been nice, temps in the 70's and even up to 80 recently.  Today was gorgeous but started chilly (44 this morning when I walked the bog).  I got to spend some time on my deck relaxing and doing NOTHING.  Loved it.  I was at the thrift store this morning but knew it was time for me to leave when my knees ached and I was getting short with the shoppers.  Cannot do that!   We have a shortage of volunteers so it gets hectic and unpleasant when we have too much coming in to be processed in receiving.  Which has happened for the last 2 weeks.  I'm not going there on Saturday, have to do work work with the Archives.

Bear took himself for an extended walk/swim this afternoon, the ratpig.  I was under the WRONG impression that he wouldn't wander if he were out alone and not cabled.  I got a call from a summer neighbor--she ratted him out, he was at her camp so I went to get him.  Oh he was happy to see me but happier to play with the tennis ball there.  I repeat, ratpig.

I've been busy--have got my planting mostly done, just have small zinnias that need to grow up a bit more plus some nasturtiums left to plant.  My deck has a lot, no really, a LOT of pots with flowers on it.  A few are for a friend who is coming in 2 weeks but there are more that are mine.  One will go to the boat house--I've taken one down there already, along with a very heavily-used hummingbird feeder.  I've started cleaning there, have brought home laundry and dishes, not I have to finish up and take everything back down there.  The bed is made, my sister's bedding is ready--she arrives next Saturday, late at night to Montreal.  We'll be staying in the boat house for a few days before heading to RI.  She'll be in America for 3 weeks and we'll be here and there, returning for the family meeting on July 13th, then she returns to Italy on the 15th.  I'm looking forward to being with her, we do enjoy each other's company.

Work in the Archives has been fine, a big push to get ready for a grant project, the reception is Saturday afternoon and I'll probably go.  This is a busy week, tomorrow I go to work, have lunch with a friend and eventually end up in Plattsburgh at the airport to meet a friend who's flying in from DC.  Friday I spend in Burlington with a friend, waiting for the front seat upholstery to be replaced.  Thank you Bear for ripping it, at least it's covered under warranty.

Busy busy busy, and it's not quite summer yet.  Dinners, lunches, coffees, ice cream runs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment