Thursday, June 20, 2019

Summer arrives, pretty much

We're finally having summer-like weather.  And the pine pollen has been bad but may be abating.  I've been busy but not tooooo busy.  I've dined with friends a couple of times, hosting one friend one night.  I've been walking in the mornings with friends, followed by coffee, often at the boat house.  The other morning the lake was like glass and the air was still, totally still.  Wow what a treat. 

I was going to sleep in the boat house last night but a sighting of my ex-husband deterred me.  Oh well, my loss, I missed a nice night on the water.

I went to the doctor yesterday and discovered (big surprise) that ice cream is good for bad LDL cholesterol and good for gaining weight.  I have a friend who likes to go to AuSable for ice cream in the evenings, as we did last night.  OK, per the doctor I can have sherbet or sorbet but not ice cream.  Drat.

Work has been good, we had a grand unveiling of the grant project we've been including images from the Archives for.  Wow we have some great and amazing photos.  Today I'll be in the Archives finishing an application for an assessment--I hope, really hope we "win" a visit from a consultant from the Documentary Heritage Program.  Why?   It's not that I'm at all insecure about our collection or accommodations but I would like guidance on what to do next and where we should be heading.  I'm not really an archivist but I pretend to be one every Tuesday and Thursday, and sometimes in between.

It's supposed to rain today.  That would be nice, my deck plants are very thirsty and I'm not being conscientious about watering them.

Life is good.  My sister arrives in America on Saturday, I pick her up in Montreal and we'll spend a couple of days in the boat house before heading to Rhode Island for a long visit there.  Her daughter, one of my favorite nieces (I have but two) will be there and we'll get to be together with her.  That's always a source of joy for me.

Then it's back to Hawkeye for the annual Rogers Family Meeting.  It makes me nervous just thinking about it though I'm not really sure why.  Those people stress me out.  Too many cousins, but I always say it's nice to have family.  It is?

No comments:

Post a Comment