Thursday, June 06, 2019

We might see the sun!

It's a rainy (sort of) morning but is supposed to clear and be warm and sunny for the next few days.  WOW!   My plants aren't thriving because they long to see the sun--sort of like me.  I planted geraniums in the cemetery yesterday, that was a task I've been putting off for a long time.  The black flies weren't bad but they were there all right.  I came home and did some planting here and the flies were worse than at the cemetery but they still weren't as bad as they've been.  Maybe, just maybe the season is ending.

I went to the thrift store yesterday, did a couple of hours there.  There's still a big backlog of stuff that people have dropped off--piles and boxes of things that need to be processed and priced.  I did that for a while then worked with the 3 huge, overflowing bins of books that people "donated."  Fly-specked, dusty, water-damaged cruddy books.  I threw out at least half of them.  I'm ruthless when I go through books, lots of people can't bear to throw books away but having worked with books for most of my life I have no problem chucking them.

Today is a work day.  I'll have to put my computer back together, they were to lay the new carpet, they got started on Tuesday and hopefully finished by yesterday.  There's a grant project requiring some of our images and I haven't been able to get to them  so the pressure's on to get that taken care of.

Short walk with the dogs this morning, we usually walk for 20-30 minutes but my friend couldn't take that much time because she has a morning appointment.  She said we should just take the dogs for a short walk to make them think they got a walk and that worked!  They're both (the dogs, not my friend) sound asleep as if they'd walked 10 miles.

I've got almost all of my planting done--that feels great.  I still have some nasturtiums and zinnias to put in the ground but it's been so cloudy and wet that they're not growing fast enough, plus the ground has been too cold. 

Life continues to be good, very good.  The apple trees are in bloom, the leaves in the forest are so very very green.

No comments:

Post a Comment